Saturday, June 14, 2014

Sunday Prep

People are always asking me what I am eating. It has taken me a while to find what works for me. I have tried different methods, different foods, and different "diets". In the beginning I was not getting enough protein and I am currently in the process of increasing it through means that I am comfortable with (I am not into drinks, etc.) After a lot of trial and error I found that it works best for me to do my food prep for lunch, breakfast, and snacks on Sunday night.

I did all of this on last Sunday Night: 1 large bowl of pineapple, 5 servings of cantaloupe, 5 salads, 5 salad toppings, and 5 jars of overnight oats (not pictured).
 
 
I started off by putting frozen chicken breasts in the oven to roast. I season the chicken with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Then I pour water in the dish, place the lid on top, and bake until it registers 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
I then start the quinoa to cooking. I cook one cup dry quinoa with 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder, 1/2 tablespoon salt, and recommended water amount.
 
While the quinoa is cooking, I like to start fixing salads. I like to keep it simple and buy a large box of the organic salad mix, I divide this box amongst my bowls. These bowls hold 3 cups, so I just calculate that this is 3 cups of salad mix when I count my calories. I then chop up bell pepper and place 1 oz of matchstick carrots on top. That is it, easy! I do add 6 cherry tomatoes the night before when I pack the salad. When the chicken and quinoa is finished I place 1/2 cup cooked quinoa and 3 oz of chicken in a bowl to dump on top of my salad during lunch, below is what my salad looks like when I go to eat it at lunchtime. It is really yummy and satisfying.
 
 
I will then chop my fruit that I will be snacking on, divide it up if needed, and then wipe down the counters.
 
Then I pack my overnight oats. In each jar I place: 1/2 cup of old fashioned oats, 1 stevia packet, and 1 teaspoon psyllium fiber (optional). I do this in 5 jars, just enough to last me through the week.

 
The night before I will be eating them I place 1 cup almond milk in there with 1/2 cup blueberries.
 
In an hour's work I have a week's worth of:
Breakfast- Overnight Oats
Lunch- Salad with Quinoa & Chicken
Snack- Fruit of choice
 
 
What are you doing to help you stay on track with your eating? What works for you? Are you wanting to try one of my ideas for this week.
 
Love,
JamieLynn
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment