Thursday, June 11, 2015

Motivation

Some days I think about giving up and throwing in the towel. Eating whatever I want. Watching TV or napping instead of working on the arm bumps. Some days I think it will be okay if I do not achieve my goal, I could be happy eating whatever I want or not working on slimming down. I would rock the curvy body again.
 
Then I think about when I started, I can remember going to get a pedicure with my Southern Sister and putting on one of the only pair of capris that I had that fit me and one of my husband's black t-shirts because my weight had gotten that high. I felt miserable, I was lacking all confidence, and I was willing to do anything to not feel that way. Do I want to go back there? No!
 
I do not feel that my beauty hinders on a perfect scale number, but I know that as the scale number goes down and as my arms become more sculpted my confidence goes up. As my runs become quicker and longer, my confidence hangs around more. When I have to buy new clothes, I get excited and no longer dislike taking photos of myself or looking in the mirror.
 
Would I want to give all this up to be able to gorge myself on whatever I want? No, because it makes me feel miserable when I do and for days after. My body actually seems to function better at the 1,500 calories that I try to consume everyday.
 
Do I screw up sometimes and overeat? Yes! But I get back on the horse and try again.
Do I get frustrated with the fact that it has taken 2 years and I am still not to my goal weight? Yes!
But then I look at pictures like this...
 
May 2014 (171.8 lbs)           June 2015 (167) 
     There is not much weight difference between the two and maybe there is not much difference between the overall look, but in my honest opinion my stomach looks slimmer and more than a 5 lb difference.
 
So that is my motivation, looking better and feeling better!
 
What is your motivation?
 
Love,
JamieLynn

No comments:

Post a Comment