Monday, June 22, 2015

She Did What?!

I ate a kid's meal from Wendy's last week! That is correct. I had a cheeseburger, French fries, and swapped my drink for a Frosty. You know what though... I do not regret it for one minute. It was tasty and satisfying.

I love eating in a healthy manner. It makes me feel good on the inside and strong on the outside, but sometimes you just want to eat something different. I just wanted a burger, I did not want anything else. I have learned that if I fill that void with what it truly wants in moderation then I am normally satisfied and I am not like a hungry bear searching for something to satisfy my cravings.

I had been running like crazy last week preparing everything for an upcoming business trip, celebrating our soon arriving wedding anniversary (7 years!), visiting grandparents, and still trying to stay on point with food. That running sure helped me hit my steps everyday, but my anticipation of only having one rest day ended up as two when I did not get home until ten one night.





My exercise for last week looked like this:
Monday: Elliptical for 35 minutes in the evening, burnt 482 calories
Tuesday: Body Sculpting Class. burnt 466 calories
Wednesday: Elliptical for 30 minutes in the morning, burnt 415 calories
Saturday: Jillian Micheal's "No More Trouble Zones"


My food last week was good except Thursday when I had a half price milk shake from Sonic. I enjoyed it, but at the of my enjoyment guilt slipped in and I was like I should have gone for the small and not a medium. You live and learn, in the past one slip up meant two days of slip ups. I would convince myself that I would just postpone my diet, eat whatever I wanted for a couple of days and get it out of my system. I would be cured! That never worked. Then I learned to wean that down to a day, but that was still bad because I would eat whatever I wanted to the point that when I woke up I felt horrible. Now, when I slip up it is for a couple of hours and I let it stay that way. I do not give myself a whole day of splurging, instead I eat a healthy breakfast and lunch then I try to eat that splurge in moderation or with something healthy on my plate. So our anniversary dinner was onion rings for appetizer with bread, I then selected grilled Mahi Mahi and braised spinach for my dinner. I did not like the braised spinach so I did not eat more than three bites. The milkshake is what killed it for me though. I had like 200 calories left and we all know that that milkshake had five times that amount.


In the near future I will be going out of town and I love to travel. I love the sights, I love the experiences, and I love the food. That is my downfall! I would really love to see the 150s before summer ends and if I want to I am going to have to stay on point with everything else! In the past I have tried not to eat into my exercise calories, but on active days I am starving if I only eat the 1,500 calories I allot myself. (I used to try to eat 1,200 calories until a nutritionist educated me, how did I ever do that?!) So I am going to try to up my intake to 1,600 calories max and see how that goes.

With all that in mind are my goals for this coming week:
Sunday- Rest
Monday- Elliptical
Tuesday- Elliptical w/strength
Wednesday- Elliptical
Thursday- Rest
Friday- Strength
Saturday- Cardio

Step Goals: 10,000 bare minimum
Food Goals: select healthy and enjoyable options
-log everything regardless if I go over
- try for a deficiency

What are your goals for this month?

Love,
Jamie Lynn


No comments:

Post a Comment