Sunday, January 29, 2017

Meal Prep Sunday's: Breakfast Bowls

Breakfast this week will be my Egg Breakfast Bowls. I love how much protein they have and how easy it is to make 5 for the whole week. I have topped these with smashed avocado when I have the fats, but most days keep it simple with salsa verde on the top.





 
 
The recipe for these are super simple and very adaptable for what fits your eating habits. I start by browning a roll of turkey sausage, there are tons of brands out there and the fats range with each one. I absolutely love my Mix N' Chop for when I am cooking my turkey sausage or any ground meat, it helps to break the meat apart and keep it in more easy to eat pieces.  
 
Mix N' Chop Pampered Chef

 I weigh the meat before I cook it and enter that total into a recipe into My Fitness Pal and after it has cooked I weigh it and divide that weight into 5 different glass bowls that have been sprayed with cooking spray. I love the Pyrex 4 Cup Glass Storage Bowls. I have found some similar bowls for a dollar at Dollar Tree that I like for the fact that if I drop them in the back parking lot as I am trying to leave work and they break it is not the end of the world. (Not that I have ever dropped and broke one, I am not a klutz!)
 
 
 
 
Next, I use a small mixing bowl to add in one egg, 3 egg whites, 28 ml of almond milk, and seasonings. I mix those ingredients and then pour it over the sausage. I continue this process 5 times weighing everything. You could skip the separate bowl and just mix it in the glass bowls, but I find that once cooked it sticks more and you have to scrub the bowls. I bake all of them at 350 for 25-30 minutes, this time will depend on the size of your bowls and what ingredients that you add to yours. I have added tomatoes, spinach, cheese, paprika, garlic powder, mushrooms and more to them. Be creative, it is like an omelet in a bowl.
 
 
I hope this helps to simplify your life like it has mine! Let me know if you come up with any great healthy combinations.
Love,
Jamie Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment