Sunday, January 22, 2017

Sunday Meal Prepping

On Sundays I plan out my meals to help me to stay on track during the work week and hit my Macros. I like having a shelf in my fridge and a location in the kitchen that I can keep my food so that all I have to do is grab and toss into my Lilly Pulitzer Cooler and go.



Right now by breakfast tends to be one of two things, either overnight oats or an egg breakfast bowl. I make my overnight oats made with egg whites, protein powder, almond milk, a little stevia, and spices or fruit to my want. This time of year I warm up the oatmeal in the microwave. For my breakfast bowls, I cook turkey sausage and add it to egg whites, eggs, a splash of almond milk, seasonings, and veggies if I want. I love to top it with a little salsa verde.





Since it is cold I have been doing a lot of soups. I created a mock Dixie Stampede Veggie Soup that I added chicken to and reduced the fats in it; Unfortunately, while the flavor is spot on to me the texture is lacking. I have also been making a more macro friendly White Chicken Chili and  is it delicious. Both of these are tossed in the crockpot so all that I have to do is toss everything in and let it cook for a while and then I divide it all up into 5 servings.




Snacks right now have been Pretzel Thins or Greek Yogurt. I am really loving the Buffalo Pretzel Thins as my salty snack right now without the fats of chips and the Greek Yogurt gives me the sweet while hitting my protein macros.

Pretzel Crips Stock Photo


I would love to hear any tips you have that helps keep you on track during the week.
 
Love,
Jamie Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment