Monday, February 13, 2017

Motivation Monday



I have always loved fashion; The accessories, the fabrics, and the colors. As a teenager I loved flipping through the magazines and eyeing the hottest trends and what styles were making a come back. As an adult I am loving browsing Pinterest and some of my favorite Instagrammers for fashion ideas. I could spend hours searching for color combinations, how to roll your pants for those new booties, and new ways to wear my closet full of clothes.

While I have always loved clothes, there was a time that I purchased new clothes all the time because I was always searching for "that outfit" the one that would make me look ten pounds slimmer or make me feel pretty.


Tybee Island

Mayfield Dairy 2012

 I seriously had a closet full of clothes that I could not stand, but sadly it was not the clothes. It was not that I disliked the clothes really, deep down I did not like the way that I looked in them because I wanted to look a different way. I wanted to enjoy picking out clothes, not dread it. I wanted to feel cute in clothes.


Now that I have lost weight, I actually love picking out clothes to wear and tend to dress up every opportunity that I get, even for a simple date with my hubby.


Dress: Marshalls Slip: The Southern Belle Boutique


I actually love shopping little boutiques and picking out new clothes from them. I used to actually be intimated by shopping at boutiques because the clothes tend to run different for each brand it just made me feel uncomfortable and I did not want to buy from the curvy section, because it meant that I was "big".

Dress: Loveriche from C.C. Belle  

 I now look forward to putting outfits together again and I am so excited how much more I will enjoy getting dressed as I get to my goal weight.



As we get closer to summer I am sure clothes are going to motivate me even more to stay on track.


Love,
Jamie Lynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment