Sunday, February 26, 2017

Self-love



Just finished my workout and ready to tackle the rest of my Saturday errands.

I have been thinking a lot about self-love lately every since Lady Gaga's belly was a topic of conversation. I am not a big fan of Lady Gaga, but I was so proud of the stance that she took for women, young girls, and even young boys. By showing that little bit of belly she was saying that I am okay with that, I am more than that little bit of exposed skin. Even if she had "hid" that stomach, it is still attached to her. It is still under her clothes, it is still her stomach. I am glad that she rocked it, because if you think she is any less of a person because of her stomach you are a petty person. So I thank you Lady Gaga for showing everyone out there to rock who they are because they are more than a little flesh.


A girl in the Macro group will occasionally ask us to name something that we love about our body and it has really made me think. I am so grateful that Katie asks this question, because it makes me think about the positive things with my body vs. the negative. It is easy to tell ourselves what we need to work on when it comes to our body, but it is hard to focus on the positive things going on with our body because everyone is telling a fit girl to put her shirt back on.


Then the lovely Poppy went and did a scope on self-love and finding something that you love about yourself. It need not be anything else loves about you, but something you love despite what size you are. I agree, we so often look at what we need to improve on vs. loving something about ourselves. She pretty much said give a shout out to that thing that you love about yourself.


One of my students asked me if I curled my hair because we were having the Park Rangers visit... No! I went to the gym and ran out of time to style it. Kids!


So my shout out goes to...

My eyes- I have always thought that my eyes were so pretty, so much that I had eye surgery so I did not have to hide them behind glasses or have to get asked if I was wearing colored contacts.

My hair- It is naturally beautiful, but often I have not given it the love it needed. I am blessed that it could air dry into beautiful wavy curls or straighten it and wear it sleek.

My calf muscles- We have not always had the best relationship, while they have always looked good and I have gotten compliments on them, I would strategically purchase boots to hide them or hit them in way that made them look smaller. Now I am so proud of their strength the helps me power through runs and leg day.

My body- It is like something out of The Help... "You is kind. You is smart. You is important.", but with so much more because you are strong and you are beautiful.


I hope you find something to love about yourself this Saturday! Because "You is kind. You is smart. You is important."!

 
Love,
Jamie Lynn 


No comments:

Post a Comment